The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped

April 1, 2013
Happy April!!! I still can't believe it's April...where did the last 3 months go?! I hope none of you are victims of pranks today! ;-)


Last week I read "The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped: Peel Off Those Last 10 Pounds! " by Tosca Reno. My first book review! I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I usually turn my nose up to "diet" books because they're full of empty promises and leave consumers disappointed. Plus, most of them offer plans that aren't realistic or even healthy. This was a quick read and was the perfect balance of words and pictures.


The goal of this book is to help you "lose those last 10 pounds." It promotes "eating clean" while adding strength training and cardio. Here are some takeaways that I liked and would promote myself:

Eat small, frequent meals throughout the day (2-3 hours apart)

"Eat Clean" by eliminating processed or chemically laden foods

Incorporate lean protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats

Drink plenty of water

Don't be affraid of weights!

The book also contained a 2-week hypothetical meal plan as well as plenty of recipes.


There was one specific part of the book where I would disagree. Dairy is frowned upon during those 28 days. Dairy contains lactose (which breaks down into glucose or sugar in our bodies) and the book states, "avoid foods high in natural sugars." Personally, I think low-fat dairy is an important part of a healthy diet and is a great source of vitamins, minerals and lean protein.


Overall, I think this book could help those looking to make healthy changes in their life. While not all the information is factual, the message is still clear: Clean up what you put in your mouth!


? What "diet" or healthy lifestyle books have you enjoyed? ? 

1 comments:

  1. I love Tosca Reno and The Eat-Clean Diet Series!! Stripped is great, I love the Eat-Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook that came out last year too. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete