What's on my Plate?

March 8, 2013
Let's put a few things on the table before I start revealing what I eat. You should know that I don't count calories but, I'm very aware of approximately how many calories a food has and how healthy that food is.  I'm extremely mindful of how much I eat and what I choose to put on my plate. I want to make my calories count and so should you!

So, let's start with yesterdays breakfast....


(1.5 cups Cinnamon Oatmeal Squares w/ 3/4 cup Organic Skim Milk)

One thing I will never give up is cereal...I love it. LOVE. IT. My breakfast varies day to day depending on how much time I have. For the most part it's pretty simple: cereal, english muffin, oatmeal, etc. If I have the time, I'll try to add in some eggs. I also take a chewable multivitamin (yes, chewable...I hate taking pills and the chewables make it much more enjoyable).


Before lunch I had a clementine for a mid-morning snack.

Lunchtime...

(1 3/4 cups chicken stir fry, 1 clementine)

 I made an awesome chicken stir fry Wednesday night which turned into awesome leftovers Thursday! I love how that works! I also had another clementine...let's just say I bought too many of those. After lunch I was craving some chocolate so I had a bite size piece of dark chocolate with almonds.


By the time I got home from work I was hungry again. I went straight for another one of my favorite things...crunchy peanut butter! I am obsessed! I ate ~8-10 pretzels with about 2 Tbsp peanut butter.


Dinner was pretty lame since I had to go to the grocery store (please ignore the 1970's plate)!

2 whole eggs, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast w/ margarine
I ended up eating a banana with dinner as well but, that didn't get documented. 

So, how did I do????

I love the iPhone app "Lose It". It's a great calorie counter and is very user friendly. I plugged in my food for the day and got my results:

Calories:  1,475 (For the most part I try to aim for ~1,500/day)
Protein:  72 grams (19.5% of daily calories)
Fiber: 27 grams (goal for most people should be 25-35 grams/day)

I forgot to mention beverages. I'm mostly a water drinker. Aside from the milk in my cereal, I only had water. I drank ~32 oz for the day which is waaaaay under what I should be drinking. Like I said, I'm terrible at drinking fluids. It's something I'm aware of and need to put at the top of my list to improve.

Hope you enjoyed the first recap! Happy Friday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment