Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

October 25, 2012
Fall is the perfect time to incorporate anything pumpkin! If you're like me, then it shouldn't be too difficult. I love anything pumpkin and I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. I recently found one for Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal at Fitness Magazine. I did a little tweaking and it turned out great. 

Here's what I did:

In a small pan, combine 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup skim milk, one small sliced banana and 2 dashes of cinnamon (I added some pumpkin pie spice and about 1 Tbsp brown sugar for extra flavor)

 Once combined stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until it gets thick and creamy. Then, stir in a handful of fresh (or frozen) blueberries

Next, turn down the heat to medium low and add 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin (make sure to use 100% pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling)

 Per the directions, add a dash of ground cloves and ground nutmeg (or just use pumpkin pie spice) and...Voila! Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal. Trust me...it tastes soooo good! It's warm and hearty and makes a perfect addition to your morning meal rotation. Enjoy!

**This recipe can be done in the microwave as well**


?   How do you like your oatmeal?    ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment