Meatless Monday

June 3, 2013
I've had a package of edamame in my freezer for sometime and decided to put it to use with an easy meal! This was one of those "round-up" meals where I basically combined what I had available.
 
 
 
I had some leftover zucchini (~1 cup) so I chopped it up and cooked up some brown rice (~3/4 cup uncooked)
 
 
While the rice cooked I heated the edamame as well as blanched some green beans (~1 cup)
 
 
Once the edamame was heated I removed the soybeans from the shell and combined all the ingredients together with sea salt, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil.
 
 
 
This was super easy to prepare and great for those looking for a quick, healthy meal! You can incorporate any vegetables or herbs that you have or even substitute black beans (or bean of choice) for the edamame.
 
 
Edamame (soybeans) is a great source of protein and fiber. In 1/2 cup you get 9 grams of fiber as well as 9 grams of protein! (Make sure to look for non-GMO soybeans)
 
 
? What's your go-to meatless meal? ?
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment