What I'm Eating

July 17, 2013
Here's a round-up of yesterdays meals!
 
 
For breakfast I had a piece of multi-grain toast with creamy peanut butter and a banana. I washed it all down with some Horizon organic skim milk. This quick meal kept me full because it's loaded with healthy fats, whole grains and fiber!
 
 
 
For a mid-morning snack I had a handful of almonds. Nuts are such a healthy and easy snack. However, they are calorically dense so, watch your portion size!
 
 
 
I take my lunch to work 90% of the time. Yesterday I had 1/2 turkey sandwich with provolone and yellow mustard as well as a salad. The salad had a lot of color (red/yellow peppers, cucumber and carrots). The more color the better. We eat with our eyes first so, make it colorful!
 

 A little while later I snacked on an apple. An apple a day...
 
 

 Once dinner time rolled around I made salmon and green beans. The serving size for the salmon was around 3 oz. Salmon is a great source of omega-3's as well as protein. The green beans add fullness because they contain fiber.
 
 
Overall:
 
Calories: 1,202 
(this is under my normal...I'm typically closer to 1,500)
Fiber: 29g
(aim for 25-35g per day!)
Protein: 77g
(~25% of calories...10-35% is recommended)
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment