Orzo Salad

April 29, 2013
Lately, I've been a Pinterest fool. I love finding new recipes, hair styles, home decorating ideas, you name it! My most recent find was this Minted Orzo Salad with Chickpeas and Feta. It looked delicious so I had to try it out.

I wasn't feeling the mint, so I modified this recipe to my liking. Here's what I did:


Cook 1.5 cups of orzo in 4 cups of chicken broth until tender. Drain, set aside and let cool.

Next, combine chickpeas (1 15 oz. can), crumbled feta (3/4 cup), finely chopped red onion (1/2 onion) and finely chopped basil (2 Tbsp) in a large bowl and set aside.

Next make the vinaigrette by whisking together:

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
1/4 cup EVOO
2 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper to taste

Lastly, combine the orzo with other ingredients and toss with vinaigrette

Serve chilled or at room temperature. 




You could easily make this a meal by mixing in grilled chicken. I chopped up some chicken and it ended up combining well with the other ingredients. Try it out!


?   I'd love to know, what's your favorite side dish?  ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment