Banish the word "Diet"

January 24, 2013
If there's one thing I wish I could drill into people's heads it would be:

 "STOP THINKING YOU'RE ON A DIET!!!"

I wish we could just banish the word "diet" altogether. To me, the word "diet" implies something that's temporary. It means I'll eat this way for a few days/weeks/months and then I'll go back to doing what I always did. How messed up is that?!

Why on Earth would someone work so hard to lose weight, get healthy and change their eating habits only to revert back to doing what made them miserable in the first place?!

Let me change your thinking process....lifestyle change. As a dietitian I use that phrase on a daily basis. Don't think of your changed eating habits as a temporary "diet", think of them as a lifestyle change and something you'll continue to do everyday.
Image Source
Eating healthy shouldn't be temporary.

You. Should. Do. It. All. The. Time.

Not only will you look and feel great, but you'll never have those feelings associated with the word "diet" again.  You know the ones I'm talking about...guilt, shame, hunger, disappointment, stress, deprivation, frustration...I could go on forever!!!

Stop viewing healthy eating as a "diet" and view it as a way of life. I promise you'll see results and be soooo much happier!


0 comments:

Post a Comment