Treadmill Intervals

November 13, 2012
When I workout, I need to sweat. If I don't, I often leave the gym feeling like I didn't get a good workout in. I've always been a fan of the treadmill, but it can be boring, so changing it up every once and awhile is a must. I've had this interval workout stored away and forgot how much I enjoy doing it. It's from an issue of Shape Magazine. I always find great workouts in magazines and this one does not disappoint.
 
Instead of putting the RPE (rate of perceived exertion), I decided to share the speed that I would do this workout. I gave a range for the speed because some days I feel faster on the treadmill then other days. Feel free to tweak it based on your fitness levels.
 
 
If you wanted a longer workout, you could always increase the time that you are alternating intensities.
 
This workout could also be used on other cardio machines such as an ellipticle or bike
 
 

?   Are you a fan of intervals?    ?
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment